Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Street Props refereences

MORE STREET FILLERS


So I am still plugging away at my terrain details, after searching for a while, I finally found a chain link fence in 'O' scale that I thought was constructed well, this is from Insta fence, it didn't come with the razor wire out of the box, but that was something I added on as an after thought, this fencing will be used to fence off the back of the local bank, I think it turned out real sweet.


The other two items I acquired were a packet of witches hats (traffic cones) which I primed and sprayed 'Fluorescent Red', nothing too difficult there, and a pair of road barriers, both from the MTH range (not cheap), break them straight out of the pack and plonk them on your terrain, the barriers are real nice and authentic looking, I guess I had to have them...


STREET FILLERS


So, I have been going hard on the Terrain side of my project, showcasing this week a variety of street fillers, from left to right I got my hands on three ladders, they are made of plastic and will serve the Survivors well, giving them access to rooftops and other out of reach areas, I will even allow the players to carry the ladders around if they wish for use in different circumstances, all this will be at a cost of course, Hehehe.


The second Item on display are street signs, you can't have a street scene without street signs right? I have a pair of each sign placed strategically around the terrain, I purposely damaged the signs to give them more of a used look, they seem more authentic this way, at least I think they do ... added a bit of grim to them aswell, I think there pretty cool.


The last item is a street light, I have four of these placed in pairs around my terrain for added realism, the height is right, I just wished they would have been a little thicker in the base of the shaft but ah well cant have everything hey? I had to put the street lights on a plastic styrene base so I could blue tac them down, this helps keep them straight and upright.
The ladders I purchased off some random dude on Evilbay, the signs I made, street lights, again purchased of Evilbay (search - O scale street lights), all these items are great and add so much to the overall feel of my terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment