Sunday, September 23, 2012

How to make wood pallets for Artillery Missile Crates


Hi everyone!

I recently bought a book from Osprey publishing. It’s Warrior 93 - German Infantryman (3) Eastern Front 1943–45. From the front page as you see in the photo below, you see some Artillery men preparing some missiles by putting the fuses on their tops. If you look more closely, you will see that these missiles are being put on a wood pallet, to keep them dry.  See where I am getting to??? ;-)



I thought that I could make some on my own, with what I had in hand. Some balsa wood, some matches, a pen, some PVA glue and some acrylic paints. 
The photos can help you see the procedure I followed for making them. Assembly and painting, simple as that. 


Below you see the finished pallets. A quite generic and simple terrain piece, but I think they would complement my ammo crates sufficiently. After their assembly, they were painted in a dark brown colour, highlighted with some Panzer Aces Old wood and some VMC Green Grey. Same thing as my Eastern Front wooden gates I did a while ago.


As you see in this photo, I used one figure from my newly painted Artillery crew figures from Hat (#8256). They fit in rather well.


I hope you like ‘em!

No comments:

Post a Comment