Friday, October 5, 2012

The Floating Flora of Venus


The local PetSmart went out of business a few months ago, and one of the things I picked up in their going-out-of-business sale was a pack of floating terrarium plants. The long tendril like roots made me think that these would make really cool floating plants for the jungles of Venus.




The plants are plastic, labeled "Water Lettuce", and were manufactured by Exo-Terra. I happened to have a number of peg-type flight stands left over after switching my aeronef fleets to magnets and Litko stands, and I thought these would be perfect for using as the bases for my floating plants.




I cut a few of the central tendrils off each plant to make a spot to clue the top of the flight stand. I used E-6000 glue as I find that works really well on odd plastic surfaces. I'm very pleased with the results, and cant wait to get these in a game.


A Venusian Parrotman runs in terror from the poisonous tendrils of the hovering Venusian air-plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment