Thursday, October 25, 2012

Terrain Workshop: Space Battle Table


Posted by Man Boy Genius Saturday, September 11, 2010
Recently I needed a space themed demo table for the Firestorm Armada game (PS- its really fun you should try it).  At first I was a little perplexed on what to do to make it.  There was the traditional toothbrush paint flick method, but the problem with that is it's messy.  I have to mop the floors at FTW Games enough already, so making a mess is not really an option for me.

So I manage to come up with a bit of a compromise that I think works pretty good.  I took a 1/2 inch painters brush (the kind you use to paint wall trim) and poured out some white paint.  I tried just lightly flinging the paint onto the board from the brush, but it didn't really come off the brush so well.  Then I watered the paint down some, to about the consistency of Milk, and that worked great. So I flinged on a bunch of white, and then let it dry.

After it dried I took a look at it and wasn't one hundred percent happy with it. So I mixed up some other colors and went at it. I ended up adding some purple, yellow, orange, but didn't use much of each, just enough to compliment the white.

Below it the finished board. I think it took longer to basecoat it black, then it took to paint on the stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment