Friday, October 5, 2012

Halloween Spider Decoration "Giant Spider" Fantasy Unit


It's the time of the year when you can get all kinds of Halloween decorations that are useful for wargaming purposes.  One of those things is packs of tiny plastic spiders. These can easily be turned into "Giant Spider" units for all scales of  Fantasy gaming. 
I recently took a pack I had purchased a couple years ago, and stuck away in a box, and converted them into a great looking unit for my 10mm "Look,Sarge, No Charts: Fantasy, Ancients and Medievals"  armies.
The spiders I got were a pale white-ish green color, so I knew for the start that I would need to spray them black.

A quick coat with some Krylon Camouflage Flat Black, and they were ready to go.  I then glued them on their bases and gave them a fast gray dry-brushing, and some red eyes.

The finished unit.  I got enough in that little pack to make four base and a leader stand.  The bases are 3 x 1.5 inches.

Here they can be seen attacking a unit of 10mm Warmaster High Elves

No comments:

Post a Comment