I like this pipe piece. It can be used in 40K, GorkaMorka or Necromunda, and is one of the easiest pieces on the site to make.
- MDF or plywood for the base, and sand to cover it.
- A 90 degree bend 2 1/4 inch waste pipe section, and about 9 inches of straight waste pipe.
- One plastic bracket (the ones which fix the pipes to the wall)
- Hot glue gun
- Chain-link fencing and barrels for decoration (see relevant TerraGenesis section).
- PVA wood glue (the white stuff)
- Cut a base about 12 inches long by 5 inches wide
- Cut the straight pipe section to the required length, and cut the exposed end into a ragged shape to look like a broken pipe.
- Push the bent and straight pipe sections together and hot glue-gun them to the base.
- You'll have to build the bracket up because it won't reach the base. I glued some plastic blocks to the base under the bracket. On another model I did away with the bracket and used a block of wood to support the end of the pipe.
- Use the hot glue gun to create dribbles of goo oozing out of the end of the pipe or from cracks along its length.
- Embellish the base with barrels and chain link fencing.
- Cover the base with PVA and then sand.
To make hot glue-gun ooze squirt the glue and then blow like crazy to make it set in a dribble.