The colony's various rooms and corridors will not be permanently equipped with furnishings and other fitments. Rather, a variety of accessories will be added to indicate a room's role or function at any given time and this page will cover their assembly.
Firstly, some chairs (salvaged from the interiors of the humvees), a couple of lockers (from Tric-Tac boxes), some ammo boxes and a tool chest:
The Tic-Tac lockers were a relatively simple construction:
- Sealed some grey card with runny poundshop superglue.
- Cut the TicTac box to desired height then added a bit of poundshop epoxy putty inside what would be the base of the locker and ran a bead of superglue around the cut edge before pushing it down onto the the grey card for a level and weighted base.
- Trimmed some plasticard to the size of the locker frontage, then used Bostik to glue some oblongs of the same material (for locker doors) to the fascia card.
- Bostiked the fascia card/locker doors to the TicTac box.
- Filled the indent at the top of the locker (previously the bottom of the box) with milliput.
- Filled gaps and added locker handles with a smidge of greenstuff.
Why are the lockers so short? Because I envisage using them as room dividers over which marines can shoot at advancing Aliens.
Also finished to pre-paint stage are some fire extinguishers (the canisters of which are from 1/35 flamethrower tanks).
Presently in hand are a pair of beds and a audio/visual unit.